Friday, December 28, 2007

Then came Christmas day. We got up pretty late. After putting it to a vote, we decided to have a delicious breakfast of eggs and mushrooms before opening presents. Christmas morning was very sad since we were only running at 66% capacity. There wasn't anyone to put underwear on their head. Very sad. The pain was dulled by all the presents. I got a bunch of blue, gray, and black shirts, a bunch of candy, some paint and some paintbrushes, an iPod playing clock radio, a small tin of "after the rapture mints", 30 Things Everyone Should Know How To Do Before Turning 30, and my very own aluminum screens (which didn't arrive until yesterday). Wait, is that all I got? I must've been bad this year.

After some drama revolving around my grandmother's very large present (we got her a teevee...someone else got her a teevee...), we went back down to the South Side and ate leftovers. Well, I guess the ham is actually new at that point, but who gets excited about ham? Cabbage rolls! Yum. I was really rusty, and I couldn't hardly remember any songs, but I jammed with my uncle Curt for a bit. It was actually pretty cool. Grandma was really into it which is always good. I could only remember I Fall To Pieces, Lyin' Eyes, and part of When U Were Mine, but we made it work.

Finally we went up Mt. Washington and put the stake through Christmas' heart. Except that it's not dead! I guess we're having New Year's Christmas with my brother and Orthodox Christmas with my sister. Woo!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

z. marie said...

I hope you make the orthodox pirogis!

Nick's Evil Twin Skippy said...

Hey, you're the one who makes the authentic Slavic food, not me!