Monday, September 12, 2005

Today, filled with artistic fire I set off to paint. All of my painting supplies are around. Scattered and buried but around. All I have to do is set up my work area. Okay, there's a stool. Somewhere to sit: check. Moving on.

Problem one: I don't seem to have an easel. Surely there must be something that can be used instead. I just need something to prop a canvas against. One of these old desks will do. It'll be awkward, but if I arrange everything just right, it'll work.

I'm going to start with a self portrait so I'll need a mirror. I've got a "full length" mirror so we're good there.

Problem number two: my work area is so small that when I'm on the stool and sitting up straight (we must endeavor to have good posture) I can't see my head. Maybe I can do a full body portrait and paint my face from memory. Nah, that's no good. Maybe if I sit on the floor. Hurm.

Damnit.

Looks like I'd better start with a still life.

No comments: