Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I've been using the old Wacom tablet the last few days. I have my brother's old flat screen monitor set up and even though it took some sort of blunt force trauma so a bunch of bottom pixels are messed up, it's still bigger and brighter than my laptop. It's spoiling me. It's very nice for digital painting. I've been trying to paint with just two colors and I'm hoping I can make some prints out of them, but I'm not sure how that's going to turn out.

I'd forgotten how differently I look at everything when I'm painting. I was watching teevee tonight and everything was planes and shadows. Well, except Orlando Bloom and Eva Green. They're just pure beauty.

Kingdom of Heaven is an uneven movie, but Eva Green is so beautiful she makes my hands go numb.

I may have to go see the Golden Compass just to see her.

I've been listening to Prince's 3121 a lot. Also, Gordon Lightfoot.

I went over 10,000 songs in iTunes. I was jazzed about that.

I have a "smart playlist" in iTunes that all songs stay in until they've been played twice and rated, but lately I've been obsessing over those songs that get played twice and then just sit there. I feel that after listening to a song twice I have a good sense of what to rate it, but what if I was way off? There's got to be some gems in all those three star songs that have only been played twice.

No comments: