Monday, November 12, 2007

Shalom, dear blog readers! When I last left you I was preparing to spend about twenty minutes in the car getting to Handmade Arcade (it was only supposed to take me seven minutes according to Google Maps, but I don't think that's humanly possible). It ended up taking me an hour and a half to get to Construction Junction because the parkway was a nightmare and my exit was closed. Ugh. However, my unerring sense of direction (my "luck" if you will) enabled me to find my way to my destination pretty quickly after finally getting past all the construction.

Anyway, Handmade Arcade was cool. Our print activities and toast were a success (well, the toast was a novelty at least), and we got the word out about AIR. Unfortunately, we were undermanned for most of the day, so I was too busy to really get to walk around and look at everything. I did get to see some of my favorite people, including a couple of my teachers from Pitt. Hallelujah!

I'm starting to get used to being recognized as an "AIR person". Special love for the people who printed stickers with us at the East End Co-op and remembered my monkeys carrying fruits and veggies!

The only bummer, aside from being understaffed, was that it was so cold that I had to keep my sweatshirt on the whole time. Only a select group of invitation only VIPs got to see my t-shirt. Oh, well!

No comments: