Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Since Heather is going off to grad school, the rest of us have to pick up the slack at AIR, which means we now have a schedule of when we have to go in and help out at Tuesday night open studio. Last night was my first night. I'd gone to a couple open studios in the two years I've been volunteering there but this was the first time I was there in an official capacity. There were three of us working, and, I think, between the three of us we were able to almost be as good as one Heather.

It took me a little while to get the hang of it, figure out what signs to look for to tell which people have absolutely no idea what they're doing, and accept the fact that I'm one of the people in charge and I know what I'm doing. After I figured all that out, I had a good time. I didn't screw anything up too horribly.

Things were slow for the first hour but then it got pretty crazy between 8:00 and 10:00. For the last two hours, it cleared out to just the people doing massive jobs and these two girls who I ended up walking through the whole silkscreening process.

The only bad thing was that we didn't get out until 12:30 because these guys were printing a butt load of posters for a Rancid concert. But, it was cool. I could've left earlier if I had wanted to. Please come again.

I'm looking forward to my next shot at it on September 5th.

That also happens to be the night that Rancid is in town.

I guess I won't be going to that one.

No comments: