Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Strange 4th of July this year. Mt. Lebanon's fireworks got rained out and no one in the family had a cookout so I ended up eating egg drop soup and cold chicken lo mein for dinner, hardly a classic July 4th meal. I also played nine holes of golf with my dad.

Tonight my mother and I trekked up to the high school for the rescheduled fireworks. They didn't start out very impressively (part of this might have been due to the fact that my view was partially obscured by a tree), but then there was a faux grand finale that was pretty cool, and then the actual grand finale was incredible. We ended up in the same place we watched them from last year, between the tennis courts and the swimming pool, which is really close to were they launch them, so the red, white, and blue fireworks of the finale seemed to fill the whole sky, and they kept sending up wave after wave. And it was really loud since the fireworks echo off the high school.
Really, really loud.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

really loud is fun :) and I like being right under them, when you have to watch for smoldering ashes as they rain down on you, depending on the wind...

Nick's Evil Twin Skippy said...

Last year we got ashes and MUCH larger pieces but this year the wind was pretty strong so we were safe.