Sunday, July 16, 2006

So, I had my list of three free, summer concerts I was looking forward to and I didn't end up going to any of them. The reasons being that I didn't have anyone to go with me, it was rained out, and there was a going away party for my cousin on Friday. But, hey, it was a fun party except for the fact that although the DJs were playing good music they weren't always playing good dance music. I only ended up dancing for maybe three or four songs with a bunch of my young cousins. My brother and I had a nice moment together over a couple plastic cups of beer. It was the first time we'd ever drank together. I don't drink often but you should have a beer with your brothers every now and again.

Saturday was insane. Same side of the family, there was a first birthday party for my cousin's daughter at South Park that featured an all-out, hardcore, tackle football game between me, my brother Luke, and my cousins Jared, Seth, Max, Dylan, Kane, Zeke, Stevens, and Eliazar. We somehow went from casually catching the football to talking about maybe playing a game with someone being permanent quarterback so they wouldn't have to run around to TACKLE FOOTBALL. It was so hot, I felt like I was going to die and I almost threw up. It was pretty awesome. It's so rare that we have a grass field to play on. We're usually two-hand touching it in the middle of 13th street on the South Side. It's probably for the best that we never have grass to play on. It was also fun because it was basically big kids versus little kids. Well, really it was big and little kids versus medium kids.

And, today? Today was just too freaking hot.

No comments: