Thursday, July 27, 2006

I had to drive my mother to the airport at 4:30 this morning. It was funny, on the way out I didn't feel tired but I could tell that my reaction time maybe wasn't quite what it should be. The hour finally caught up with me on the way back and I couldn't stop yawning but I was in complete control of the car. It was a weird morning. Then I got home and slept for a long time.

This afternoon I wrote another song. I wrote a song yesterday. I wrote a song the day before that. I've never written a song before this week. I'm like Prince now -- a song a day. I think I reached some kind of critical mass between the bands at AIR on Saturday, Wreckless Eric on Sunday, and more bands again at AIR on Monday. It was like, okay, I should try this.

My verdict on the songs is that they are awful but much better than they have any right to be.

And, the one I wrote yesterday is about Baroness from G.I. Joe.

No comments: