Monday, July 24, 2006

Great show last night at the Brillo Box. Teen Riot was great. Really fun, smile inducing music from Sean Lally and his band. I'm not exactly sure what I was expecting from Wreckless Eric but what we got was damn entertaining. He told us about his scary granny, he swore at the people in the back who wouldn't shut up, he read from his book, he rocked out with Amy Rigby, he rocked out with Amy Rigby and her daughter (and Sean Lally on the drums), he rocked out with Teen Riot (Sean Lally on the guitar), he played Whole Wide World, and then he rocked out some more. The place was really jumping. The Brillo Box is on the second floor and at one point I was contemplating my chances of surviving the floor collapsing (alive but mutilated, I think). Also, fun was had at Jon Bon Jovi's expense. After the show, when we were hanging around trying to figure out our next move, they had Clash of the Titans playing on a tv by the bar and I got to see them release the Kraken. All in all a great night.

Anyway, thanks to Kelly and Sarah for coming out even though they probably had no idea what they were getting into.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Sean Lally is certainly a musical polymath. I'm glad that you were able to go -- wish I could have been there.

Unknown said...

I just might have to buy his book.

Nick's Evil Twin Skippy said...

I look forward to your review on your book blog.