Tuesday, April 18, 2006

What a beautiful game last night. There was an amazing atmosphere in the arena all night and when Ryan Malone buried Sidney Crosby's pass, giving #87 100 points for the season, the place went crazy.

I got down there around 6:00 and the student rush line already stretched around the corner. It was the third standing room only game I've been to this season but the first one where I didn't have to stand. They were scraping the bottom of the barrel and giving the students suite and club box seats. I ended up with a bunch of kids in a $135 a seat suite (I was totally bummed that I didn't get a club box which, although farther from the ice than where I was, have couches, but if I wanted to watch the game on a couch I could've stayed home, right?). I couldn't see one corner of the ice but I was directly across from the goal the Pens shot at twice. Crosby's second two points were at the other end but I had a great angle for a lot of very pretty goals and Fleury's stop of the penalty shot.

See you next year, boys.

No comments: