Saturday, April 15, 2006

"My name's Stewart Ransom Miller. I'm a serial lady killer."

Unbelievable show from Rhett Miller tonight at The Rex. That man leaves it all out there on the stage. Rocked the show with my brothers. The only other time I was in The Rex was back when it was a movie theater (fun fact: the movie was Back To The Future III). This is going to be disjointed because my mind has been blown. Say it with me: WOW. How can you not love a woman rocking the drums in bare feet? And she was from around here so her parents were in attendance.

The highlight of highlights: mid-set three song solo acoustic break. Salome (sweet fucking god. Amazing). Question (which he did the end of in French. Holy fucking amazing.). And then Timebomb which was kind of out of place but still cool. I was in total teenage girl mode--singing along and screaming. If I were a girl (or a gay man) I would totally be in love with Rhett Miller (who am I kidding...I am anyway). Our Love. Oh, my god. Singular Girl. BARRIER REEF! The show could only have been better if my sister had been here to see it with us (shout out to Texas: we all got a huge kick out of your text message).

Here's what made today great:
1. Made a slick dragon print at AIR.
2. A kiss from my grandmother.
3. Rhett Fucking Miller.

2 comments:

Nick's Evil Twin Skippy said...

World Inside The World!

z. marie said...

I'm still mortally jealous, by the way. No, I'm MORE mortally jealous. I can't believe I missed Barrier Reef!