Sunday, April 16, 2006

A lazy Saturday. Then I headed down to the ballpark to see the Pirates with my brother, John. We didn't get very far before my mother called and said that Steve wanted to go to the game with us. Who? Steve! Who? Your uncle Steve! Cool! He hadn't been to a Pirate game in Pittsburgh since the mid 70's! We swung over to the South Side and picked him (and some ham sandwiches) up at my grandmother's. Then: tickets from the ticket kiosk and a thrilling one-run victory. Next: back to the South Side and a second night in a row at The Rex to see The Cynics. 2:30 am: You have to leave! You really have to leave! I mean it!

Whew.

I had to buy some stuff Friday morning and a Rhett Miller ticket that night so I really wasn't looking forward to buying a ticket to the ball game and the Cynics concert but my uncle bought the Pirates tickets (thank you!) and my brother was on the guest list for the Cynics and I was able to get in free on his coat tails. In the end I didn't end up spending any money at all. Cheap bastard, hoooooooooo!

No comments: