Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's always in the back of my mind when I'm reading Eureka Street. No matter how much I'm laughing at the GIANT DILDO REFUND, or Jake Jackson trying to catch his cat so he can piss on it, it's always in the back of my mind--when am I going to get to that chapter? If you've read the book you know which one I mean. Chapter eleven.

Chapter fucking eleven.

Every time I finish chapter ten, turn the page, and see Rosemary Daye's name I have to stop reading. I have to give myself a little time to get ready for what's to come. I remember the first time I read it. It was back when I was at Pitt. I was sitting in Posvar between classes. I usually do a good job of not being the guy sitting over there by himself crying (you know us homeschoolers are prone to crying jags) but what are you going to do? It's heartbreaking. Every time I read it it hits me just as hard as the first time and I curse Robert McLiam Wilson for a bastard.

No comments: