Saturday, April 29, 2006

I had an interesting day at AIR yesterday. There wasn't anything going on in the afternoon so I printed some more sea monsters. I stopped about half way through the batch last week because I was losing it and it was 11:00 pm, and this was after a very long day. I finished up the orange ones and did some green ones. I also printed a couple sea monster t-shirts. One of them came out perfect and the other one moved during a hit but it's still pretty sweet. It's a really good feeling to be walking around wearing a shirt you made.

After that all went down, it was Last Friday. Heather had a pretty nice spread going. It was a shame that exactly zero people showed up for it. There were six people from the Zany Umbrella Circus printing t-shirts during the Friday open studio so the food and wine didn't go to waste. While they were printing their 300 shirts, I sat in the corner drawing. There's nothing like drawing for three or four hours straight in a hectic yet laid back atmosphere.

I also watched the fireworks from the Pirate game out the front gallery window. Gotta love fireworks.

I think I should do a poetry reading for next month's Last Friday.

No comments: