Monday, March 06, 2006

Um, the Oscars, yeah. Much like a Hot Pocket, I never finish watching the Oscars and think "I'm glad I just watched that", but at least I don't end up feeling like I'm going to die. Have I mentioned that I'm really looking forward to seeing Jim Gaffigan? I thought Jon Stewart handled himself well. How's that for some weak praise? George Clooney had, by far, the best speech (who would've thought when we got that George Clooney magnet as a joke for my sister that one day he'd be an Oscar winner?). To me, the best parts always seem to be the opening and then any honorary awards. Lily Tomlin and Meryl Streep are talented, aren't they? As for the awards themselves, who knows. My two favorite movies from 2005 were Wallace & Gromit in the Curse of the Wererabbit and the 40 Year-Old Virgin. Also, during the course of the evening I lost a bet with my brother and now have to go see King Kong.

No comments: