Sunday, March 05, 2006

My brain won't shut off tonight. My dad and I went to the golf show at the Expo Mart. It's strange to find yourself hitting golf balls indoors while listening to Silverchair. I ended up not going to see Camera. Instead I threw myself into Illustrator. Where would we be without sublimation? I've been sketching a lot lately and taking stuff into illustrator and Photoshop. Using Illustrator puts me in a state of mind where I want to make more art. Art breeds art and my brain won't shut off so I can't fall asleep. AIR's been going well lately. My hours were expanded. I was there from noon to seven on Friday. Being there longer means I have more time where I don't have to do anything, so I sketch, and sketching there is sketching with more of a purpose. I'm working on two print 'challenges'. One is to print something big. Really big. The other is to use the grey/green ink that you get when you mix the leftover ink together. There's a couple containers of slight variations of that color and I think I'm going to do something fetus related with them. Now I'm sketching fetuses into the wee hours of the morning.

Did any of that make sense?

No comments: