Monday, March 27, 2006

I went to the Pens game last night. The line for student rush tickets only went to the tv production trucks. I was inside in time to see the warm-up skate for once. The game was everything you could want without them winning. There was lots of scoring, getting screwed by the refs, and peewee hockey between periods. I love me some peewee hockey. Peewee hockey would get great ratings on tv. The kids played the whole time in one end but then they didn't play for very long. There was almost a two on one going the other way but it didn't quite work out. They only got one shot (a great kick save by the goalie). There was one standout player, wearing number 87, of course, this kid, I can't be sure if it was a boy or girl, in an attempt to skate the puck out of the zone, deked a defender, put the puck through that kids legs, corralled the puck, and promptly fell down. I'm kicking myself for not taking my camera.

No comments: