Tuesday, January 24, 2006

There’s rain on the roof and the puddles grow. They say the sky opens. They say the sky goes on forever. She’s on her knees under the night sky. The rain blocks out the sun. The only sun we’ll ever own. I’m not a part of this symphony. The palm of my hand blurred my vision. We cured pain but not discomfort. We found a cure for everything except one thing, you know, just in case. There’s only one way left to die. The last way to die.

It was raining hard enough to drown out her screaming. All I know is that the worst meal I ever ate was cooked by a woman. Tall enough to reach heaven but not tall enough to prove heaven doesn’t exist. That’s what it’s like being married to you. You’re the only person I’d want to be buried alive with. The whole telephone system has been corrupted by years and years of passing lies. The telephone lines, corrupted by lies, gently hum with despair in the background of every call.

No comments: