Sunday, November 20, 2005

One wedding and a funeral.

Yesterday was my dad's cousin's daughter Kate's wedding.

I think the high point of the night was when they played Kate by the Ben Folds Five. I can't imagine that many of the people at the reception knew the song so it pretty much cleared the dance floor except for me, my brother, my cousin Amy, and a few stragglers. My brother and I exchanged puzzled yet amused glances. The Ben Folds Five? But then the chorus rolled around and I'd like to believe that I was the first person to put my hands in the air and yell Kate! By the second chorus a bunch of the bridesmaids joined the floor in shouting Kate, and what had started as a "wait, is this Ben Folds? WTF?" sort of thing had turned into a pretty cool moment. You know you're at a cool wedding when they play the Ben Folds Five.

Today and tomorrow is funeral stuff for my great aunt. That won't be nearly as much fun. Though I'm sure you could find appropriate Ben Folds songs to play.

No comments: