Thursday, October 27, 2005

The odd point of the night: First, a little background. Officially, I'm in the role of the Mad Scientist at TerrorMania, but a few times I've had to be the Morgue Guy as well and work two rooms at once; the morgue and then the laboratory. The morgue has a very loud soundtrack of a beating heart and a beeping heart monitor. As the Morgue Guy I sit, gently rocking, on a scale facing away from the people as they enter the room. When they get next to me I turn and yell like they've scared me. I stare at them for a moment and then start beeping.

Tonight I'm only working as the Mad Scientist. A group comes into the room before the morgue, the dungeon. I get ready. As this group is moving through the morgue, a second group enters the dungeon. The first group gets to me and I jump out and do my thing. I quickly duck back into my cabinet and peek through the hole in the wall were I can see people before they get to the laboratory. By the time I look through the hole the second group is already moving into the room. I get back into position to jump out. Again, I jump out and do my thing. Most of the group is half way through the room but I get the end of the group.

So, I'm standing on my table yelling or muttering after the group. The first girl in the group catches my eye from across the room. She looks at me, smiles knowingly, and says "beep beep beep beep".

Totally weirded out, I retreat back inside my cabinet.

No comments: