Thursday, September 29, 2005

So, yeah, I'm working four days a week at Tom Savini's TerrorMania at Century III Mall. There's a nice write up about it in today's Post-Gazette (I had the production designer of the one in North Versailles, Ruth Comley, as a teacher when I was at the Art Institute. How about that?).

Anyway, I'm one of the 'actors'. I really can't write that without the quotation marks. So far I've played Prisoner #3 every night. I wear orange pants and a matching short-sleeve shirt (think Hannibal Lector) and scream at people from my cage. I'm not sure how well people can actually see my usually pretty slick, ghoulish makeup because it's so dark in my section.

There's usually two other people who work with me and we have our routine down pretty well. When we're on, it keeps building and we do our first couple things and the people think that that's all we've got but then we hit them with the third thing and the fourth thing and the fifth. Other times the people just run through and we just do whatever we can get in and watch them bolt.

My advice for anyone who goes is: 1. Try and get a group of 5 or 6 people. 2. Don't go during the first half hour to hour of operation. 3. Don't try to be tough. Get into it.

Remember, we don't make fun of you if you react to us.

We love you for it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh THAT job... i figured you were doing that, but i didn't know it was four nights a week :-P

Nick's Evil Twin Skippy said...

That's the one. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday until November 5th.