Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Went out and played nine holes for the third time this summer with my dad (the second time out has been sent down the memory hole). I'm actually getting to the point where I enjoy it. I never thought that would happen. I hit a bunch of good shots. I hit a couple greens in regulation. I've never done that before. I had a couple pars. I didn't have anything worse than a six. I shot a 49. There was league play at the course at 4:30. We got there at 2:00 and there was nobody there. It was so nice and peaceful. It was out by the airport so there were all these planes flying low as they were landing or taking off. A very enjoyable afternoon.

I've been doing stuff lately. I don't usually do stuff. I saw the Pirates big come from behind, extra-inning game against the Mets last Friday.

I saw the Pirates of Penzance.

Tonight I went way out to Greensburg or something and saw Tamora Pierce at a Barnes & Noble.

Doing stuff. Crazy.

And I've been drawing. I was looking at some life drawings from about a year ago and I was like "these are really good. I'm pretty good at this. Lets get a portfolio together and get a job where you get to draw!"

So.

Also, I'm excited that the hockey lockout is over.

I think that catches you up with everything.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

tamora pierce?

Nick's Evil Twin Skippy said...

Did I say Abraham Lincoln? I meant Tamora Pierce. Typo fixed.

Unknown said...

tamora pierce!!

Nick's Evil Twin Skippy said...

My sister is a big fan. I was along for the ride. She seemed like an incredibly cool person. I read some of her books when I was but a lad.

Unknown said...

yeah i read some of her books awhile back... hey, a great birthday present would be if i actually SAW you sometime soon... maybe you should come to the movie in the park on sunday? i think it's shrek 2... we should coordinate better this time.

Nick's Evil Twin Skippy said...

Doing something = good.
Shrek 2 = not so good.