Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I went golfing for the first time in at least three years, maybe five, yesterday. My dad and I played the front nine of the eighteen-hole course at South Park. I was neither good nor bad. I shot a fifty-one not quite adhering to the Strict Rules of Golf. Take that as you will. My driving was decent though it declined as the round went along. I don’t think I hit a single fairway with the driver. I hit one just about perfect drive but I was aiming down the right side to compensate for my usual push and down the right side it went. I was saved time and time again by the 7-wood. I have a hard time hitting bad shots with that club.

My putting was erratic, just like in the Blur song, but I had some nice ones. I read a few breaks perfectly but had the wrong speed and a couple times I had the right speed but misread the break, but overall my putting was pretty amazing considering how little practice I've had. My chipping was atrocious, but I've practiced that the least, and even that got better as I went. I had a nice chip on each of the last three holes.

The game of golf is pretty fun if you have half an idea what you're doing.

And a cart.

No comments: