Sunday, May 22, 2005

My cousin (no, another cousin) had her baby shower today. I helped my mother cut fruit for a fruit salad this morning. Cutting a fruit salad is one of my favorite things but this one was a pain because we had these two 'seedless' watermelons. 'Seedless' means lots and lots of white seeds. Yeah, you can eat the seeds while they're white but I'm a fruit salad snob, so if there's watermelon there can't be any seeds in the salad-white or black. After that, I was looking forward to a quiet Sunday of watching sports (which I guess turned out for the best because both the teams I would've been rooting for lost) when someone got the idea 'hey, lets have Nicholas help out at the shower!'. So I spent my day carrying stuff around and serving cabbage rolls. Baby showers aren't the most exciting affairs in the world but it was cute. I got a good meal out of it and ended up playing with my young cousins. I was playing 'red light, yellow light, green light, stop' on the sidewalk outside St. John the Baptist church on the South Side at one point.
All in all a good day and we've got lots of leftovers.

No comments: