Thursday, May 05, 2005

Every night I tie myself to the headboard. It's become an addiction. Why did I go to college? What did I hope to learn? You can't write good poetry without using drugs. Don't talk to me of robots, dear. You remind me of my favorite candy. You remind me of time winding down. You remind me of time running out. You make me want to build a fortress around you. You make me wish you didn't exist. You make me crumble. You make me hum and crumble. You make my heart hum and crumble. I am in an effortless pain. My mind sings with an effortless pain. I am alive with neutrons. I am just beginning. I am without end. My pain floats like a kite. My pain bobs like an apple. Less is good. I wake up alone, tied to the headboard, thinking of you. I've forgotten the feel of your breasts. I wish I'd kissed you. I wish I'd kissed you right. My heart beats in parables. I am under the gun. The air is greasy. Don't make me try to understand. You make me like it. My head is big enough for all of us. I am captain of this crapshoot.

No comments: