Saturday, May 21, 2005

Back from the driving range. Last time out was utter crap. I was hitting everything into the ground. I think I swore off the sport forever a couple times. Today everything was going great. I was bombing drives and then I was even having some success hitting wedges and 8-irons off the grass. A light rain briefly fell and I just kept on going. I was like a real, dedicated golfer. I've got a puss oozing blister to prove it.

When I was younger there were three things I really wanted to know how to do: play the violin, ski, and golf. I've never skied and really have no interest to. I played the violin for a number of years when I was a kid but gave it up because I hated it. I wish I could still play. I was a stupid kid. I'm still plugging away at golf although it continues to vex me.

No comments: